Remember to always back up your QuickBooks Company file before making any of the following changes.
- Please update your installation of QuickBooks to the latest service release by using the "Update QuickBooks" option on the QuickBooks file menu
- Restart your QuickBooks file for the changes to take effect
Check the following if the above does not work:
1. Make sure there is not more than one version of QuickBooks on the machine. If there is, you need to remove all the versions by uninstalling, removing the common files directory then re-installing the new version
2. If there is only one version on the machine, Intuit recommends running a file called "reboot.bat" which will be located in the QuickBooks Install directory. This will re-register all the components and make sure they are properly installed. After doing that, try re-doing the Import.
If it still fails then:
3. Check whether the USER of the computer has FULL CONTROL rights for the access of the SOFTWARE. To change the same go to Start Menu - Run - Enter Regedit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Right Click on Software, access permissions, and give them FULL CONTOL to the current user.