If you receive a System.TypeInitializationException error message when connecting to QuickBooks bank feeds, it is likely related to the file permissions for a particular file (fiblueprint.xml).
How to Resolve
- Log into your AdvancePro cloud server desktop (or the computer with the problem if not cloud hosted) as a user with administrator privileges.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0\Components\OLB\branding\filist (the exact path will be slightly different depending on your version of QuickBooks).
- Right-click on fiblueprint.xml.
- Choose Properties > Security tab > Edit.
- In Group or user names, select Everyone
If there is no "Everyone" in the list:
- Click Add
- Type "Everyone" and click Check Names
- Click OK
- Select the newly added Everyone in the list
- In the Allow column, put a check mark in the Full control box.
- Click OK in the Edit window, then OK in the Properties window.
- Restart QuickBooks.
Note: you can also apply steps 4-7 for the C:\ProgramData\Intuit folder to ensure all files are accessible that may be required by QuickBooks.
Additional details can be found here: Resolve Bank Feeds System Exception errors (Intuit)