If you installed AdvancePro and got the following error message right after the Wizard has been completed: ‘Specified Parameter out range of valid value..’ you need to Uninstall AdvancePro, Uninstall Microsoft SQL Desktop Engine (AdvancePro), Delete the C:\Program Files \AdvancePro folder, and check whether DSN has been properly created on your machine.
Follow the following procedure:
- Go to Start | Settings | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Data Sources (ODBC)
- Choose the "System DSN" Tab
- Search for an entry called Advance. Double click on Advance.
- At the bottom - make sure the SQL Server name has the correct name of their SQL Server.
- Click the Next button
- A form where you specify your login details will now be displayed. Click the Next button.
- The next page will say "Change default database to". Make sure it says "Advance".
- Click the Next button, click Finish, and click "Test Data Source".
- Now re-install AdvancePro
Note: Please make sure that Date format is the same on a server and all client machines. It can be in any variation of the following: MM/DD/YYYY. Do not use the short date format as YY format is not acceptable and will cause errors.