By default, shipping charges on customer and vendor orders will be posted to the same account in QuickBooks. To use a separate account for vendor shipping charges, please follow the steps below:
- Create a new service item in AdvancePro with a name such as 'Inbound Shipping Fee'.
- Associate the item to all vendors.
- Add a new product category and assign the item to the category (name doesn't matter as long as you can easily identify the category).
- Still in AdvancePro, go to the 'QuickBooks' tab, then 'Settings' > 'Category' and select the category you just added. Set the COGS/Expense accounts to the account that you want vendor shipping charges to be posted.
- Going forward, when creating vendor orders, add the 'Inbound Shipping Fee' service item to the order. Set the quantity to 1 and the price to the shipping amount (do not add anything to the standard shipping field).
- After exporting the vendor orders to QuickBooks, you should now see the shipping charges being posted to the account you selected in step 4.