The instructions below will guide you through the process of updating usernames and passwords for logging into Citrix Receiver.
For security reasons, it is required that a password meet the criteria listed below:
- It must not contain more than two consecutive characters from the user name
- It must be at least 6 characters in length
- And it must satisfy at least three of the following criteria:
- It must contain uppercase letters.
- It must contain lowercase letters.
- It must contain numbers.
- It must contain non-alphanumeric characters – e.g., #, %, or ^.
OPTION 1: Change your own password through the web portal
- Log into your AdvancePro Cloud web portal (example.advanceprotech.com).
- Click Settings (gear icon) at the top-right.
- On the settings page, click Change Password
- Enter a new password that meets the above criteria and click OK.
OPTION 2: Change your own password from the Desktop
- Log into Citrix Receiver and launch the Desktop (if you have access).
- Go to Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Change your password.
- Fill in the required fields to update your password and save the changes.
OPTION 3: Reset username/password for other users (if you have desktop and admin access)
IMPORTANT: never make changes to the "administrator" user or "Ctx" users.
- Log into Citrix Receiver and launch the Desktop.
- Open the Server Manager (to the right of the Start menu by default).
- In the left column, expand “Configuration” > “Local Users and Groups” > “Users.”
- Right-click on a user that you wish to update.
- Click “Rename” to set a new username.
- Click “Set Password…” to set a new password.
- Note: be sure to set a password with a mixture of uppercase/lower case letters, numbers and at least one special character. If the password is too simple, an error message will be displayed and the password will not be updated.