This feature allows the AdvancePro user to apply a dollar-value credit to a customer without requiring the Return to contain product line items.
A service item called "Credit" is placed instead, and it will also be recognized by QuickBooks as a service-item on the Credit Memo transaction.
To create a Credit-Only Return, please follow these steps:
1. Issue a new Customer Return
2. Select your customer
3. Toggle the "Credit Only" switch
4. You will be prompted with the following message:
"You have not selected any items to return. Do you want to proceed with a general Credit Only item" - Hit OK
5. The Customer Return will then be created, containing the Credit service item. Enter the notes/reason for this credit. and hit Save and Process
"Pending Credit Memo" saved successfully
Note that this is, by default, a "Direct Return". It will not go through the Warehouse stages as there are no items to actually receive.
6. Open the pending credit memo on the Customer Invoices/Credit Memo's screen
This is now your credit memo. You may confirm the credit memo when ready - it will export to QuickBooks the same way as any standard Credit Memo with Inventory Items on them.